GOLDEN RISOTTO WITH SAFFRON AND PARMESAN CHEESE
Professional chefs recommend paying attention to the size of rice grains. A crucial point is that the rice is first lightly fried so that the grains become transparent. And only then pour the broth. The main thing is not to overcook the rice, otherwise there will be no trace of the pleasant soft taste. Let’s put all these subtleties into practice and prepare a risotto with saffron and Parmesan
INGREDIENTS: rice 200 g, vegetable broth 600 ml, 1 white onion, 1 small carrots, butter 30 g, Parmesan 30 g, ground saffron 0.5 tsp, salt& black pepper to taste.
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN RISOTTO WITH SAFFRON& PARMESAN CHEESE:
- in a deep frying pan, melt half the butter and fry the sliced onion;
- pour out the rice and, stirring occasionally, fry for 3-4 minutes, so that the grains become transparent;
- grate the carrots on a small grater, pour out to the rice;
- begin to pour in small portions of warm broth;
- in the last ladle, we breed saffron. When all the liquid is absorbed, add the remaining butter and grated Parmesan;
- salt and pepper the risotto to taste, let it infuse a little under the lid. Before serving, garnish the Golden rice with thin Parmesan shavings.